A specific date of release for The Twilight Saga: Eclipse on DVD has yet to be set (and this is not surprising considering the film is still in theaters in a lot of areas of the U.S.), but chances are, the film will hit DVD and Blu-Ray sometime this fall/winter, and there is a lot to look forward to from that occasion!
1. DVD release parties: When Twilight and The Twilight Saga: New Moon were released to DVD/Blu-Ray, Borders, Blockbuster, Walmart, and others threw midnight DVD release parties across the country, and several of the parties included guest appearances by the cast and filmmakers. With The Twilight Saga: Eclipse, no doubt, there’ll be similar festivities arranged to ring in the occasion! It should be interesting to see who makes a stop where this time around.
2. Unlimited viewing: Almost every Twilight fan I know has seen each of the Twilight series films more than once, and sometimes, the viewing numbers can be upwards of dozens of times per person – whether to revisit the smaller details of the film or the goofs. Going to the theater to see it as often as one would like, though, can tend to be inconvenient or costly, so having the DVD at home makes the process a little more efficient – especially since it means fans can have a viewing party of their own or even an at-home marathon of the three! Getting the DVD in hand means unlimited, convenient viewing potential, and this is a good thing for those of us who like the see the film often and on our time!
3. Deleted scenes: We’ve already talked about the top ten deleted scenes to look forward to or hope for on a The Twilight Saga: Eclipse DVD, and the director has revealed what fans might expect or hope to see amongst them. Hopefully, the Eclipse DVD can bring us some deleted scenes worth seeing!
4. Commentary: David Slade has already explained that he has no plans to do a director’s commentary on The Twilight Saga: Eclipse‘s DVD because it just isn’t his way as a filmmaker. While Slade did mention the possibility of making a behind-the-scenes feature book to coincide with the DVD release, it’ll be another (or others, perhaps) that tackle the commentary. No information on who will handle the task has yet been revealed, but a lot of fans are hoping to hear some of the cast on this feature. It should be exciting to hear one way or the other! While fans were absolutely inundated with interviews with the cast prior to the film’s release to theaters, there’s nothing like hearing them talk about the movie as they watch it themselves. It’s always more insightful, and if not, at least it’s entertaining.
5. Special features merchant war: When New Moon hit DVD, there were several merchant options for where to pick up the DVD, and Walmart and Target in particular had exclusive features to offer in the versions they were able to offer. The gist of the most obvious distinction was that Walmart had Eclipse footage and Target had deleted scenes. Beyond those, though, they each had other exclusive featurettes and interviews that made each copy worthwhile in its own way. Chances are, the Eclipse DVD will come in different, merchant-exclusive versions, and it’ll be interesting to compare which retailer offers which special features.
Source: Twilight Examiner