‘The Twilight Saga: Eclipse’ – Summit Ent.
Many moons ago (yes, yes, bad joke), we talked about the fact that the premiere date for The Twilight Saga: New Moon was to take place during a literal and celestial new moon, and it was noted that this year’s June 26th was host to a lunar eclipse.
Of course, then the prediction then was that the premiere for The Twilight Saga: Eclipse would, in turn, take place that day to follow suit.
By now, you know that the premiere of The Twilight Saga: Eclipse is instead going to take place on June 24th in Hollywood, California, but film studio Summit Entertainment has just announced a tie-in event that’ll conect the film to the heavenly happening after all.
Check out the full language of this press release below:
In celebration of the lunar eclipse on the evening of June 26th, Summit Entertainment is inviting everyone across the nation to “TWILIGHT Night,” a 12-city event including outdoor screenings of TWILIGHT and THE TWILIGHT SAGA: NEW MOON. The family and community-oriented events are the perfect chance for those new to the film franchise as well as moviegoers in general to immerse themselves in THE TWILIGHT SAGA phenomenon just in time for the highly anticipated theatrical release of THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE, the third installment of Summit Entertainment’s TWILIGHT SAGA film franchise, on June 30th.
The excitement of THE TWILIGHT SAGA will be delivered directly to fans in their hometowns and online with “TWILIGHT Night” special events. Moviefone will live-stream events from Philadelphia and San Diego at http://www.moviefone.com/twilightnight which will include interviews with cast, fan reactions, special guests and sneak peeks of THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE, allowing those unable to attend to still take part in the celebration. In addition, each event will include special cast member appearances as well as engaging activities to be enjoyed prior to the outdoor evening film screenings, including a red carpet and photo booth, both provided by Moviefone.
For more information about the nationwide screenings and to see if one is in your hometown, visit http://eclipsethemovie.com.
Events are currently scheduled to take place in the following cities and venues. Doors open at 6:00 PM local time in each city. Attendance will be accommodated on a first come, first served basis. See local event information for additional instructions.*
- Atlanta: Atlantic Station, 171 17th St NW, Atlanta, GA
- Dallas: AT&T Plaza at the American Airlines Center, 2500 Victory Ave, Dallas, TX
- Denver: Sloan’s Lake Park, 17th Ave and Sheridan, Denver, CO
- Miami: Gusman Center Performing Arts, 174 East Flagler Street, Miami, FL
- Philadelphia: The Piazza,North Second Street and Germantown Avenue, Below Girard, Philadelphia, PA
- Phoenix: Desert Ridge Shopping Center, 21001 North Tatum Blvd., Phoenix, AZ
- Portland: Colonel Summers City Park, Portland, OR
- Salt Lake City: Movie in the Park, Fairmont Park located, 2361 South 900 East, Salt Lake City, UT
- St. Louis: St. Louis Union Station, 1820 Market Street, St. Louis, MO
- San Diego: Park at the Park (Downtown), 10th & K, San Diego, CA
- Seattle: Fremont Outdoor Movies, 3501 Phinney Ave N., Seattle, WA
- Washington DC: National Harbor Plaza, 163 Waterfront Street, National Harbor, MD
*Cities, venues and times are subject to change. Visit http://eclipsethemovie.com for the most current information.
Source : Twilight Examiner